260 East 15th
Columbus, OH 43201
Sigma Chi at the Ohio State University is located at the top of "Greek
Row" on the corner of 15th and Summit. Currently, Sigma Chi has the
longest continuous running charter at OSU since it was established on
April 21st, 1882. For almost 125 years, Sigma Chi at Ohio State has
been cultivating leaders of men displaying our values, from doctors and
politicians, to businessmen and professional athletes.
The fundamental purpose of the Sigma Chi Fraternity is to cultivate an
appreciation of and commitment to the ideals of friendship, justice and
learning. These ideals and objectives have been at the heart of Sigma
Chi since its founding by seven men at Miami University in Oxford,
Ohio, on June 28,1855.
These seven men believed that the principles they professed were
imperfectly realized in other fraternal organizations. Although this
vision of Sigma Chi was based upon the notion of shared ideals, they
believed that true brotherhood would thrive best among men of different
temperaments, talents and convictions.
Our guiding principles, unchanged for almost 150 years, continue to
define the essence of Sigma Chi. Like all Greek organizations, Sigma
Chi's ideals and purposes are set forth in a secret document called our
Ritual. Sigma Chi also has a set of signs, symbols and heraldry which
supports our teachings.
There are over 220 undergraduate chapters of Sigma Chi in the U.S. and
Canada. Since 1855, Sigma Chi has initiated 233,500 members, with
200,000 living members.